I just thought I’d do a short update on how things have been
and I’m happy to say that I’ve been feeling a hell of a lot better these past
couple of months! I’ve had two bouts of radiotherapy and am continuing on my
‘lighter’ chemo and compared to the inpatient stuff this has been a walk in the
park. It’s been such a relief to be able to venture out from home more often,
resuming an active social life. I’m also physically better and able to get out
and about for walks, cycles and sessions at the gym, which in itself is certainly
mood lifting (helped along by the fact that we’re now out of the crazy long
winter we’ve had!). The amount of stuff that I’ve been able to do and people
I’ve seen I would have never imagined possible a few months ago.
To state the obvious, things won’t last as they are for me
right now but as long they do I’m going to carry on and cram as much as I can into
every day. I’m off on holiday soon to Positano in Italy with the parents,
Hettie, Cam and Annie where we’re renting a villa for a week – it’s been a long
time coming but am really looking forward to it. After returning from the
holiday I hope to do some part time work to prevent any danger of me twiddling
my thumbs during weekdays. In terms of other trips in the future, I’d love to
go back out to the Rockies in Canada, where I spent some time working in
Banff with my friend Ben in between school and uni. I’m not quite sure how/if
that’ll pan out and will probably have to work out some sort of health
insurance fudge but I don’t think there’s anything major preventing me from
doing it.
I don’t want to reel of a massive list of things I’ve got
planned but am certainly filling my diary up with various events now to stop
any sort of boredom from setting in which could lead to a risk of feeling sorry
for myself. As some of you may have noticed I’m keeping a more active presence
on facebook now so am sure I’ll be posting a few things on there without
turning into one of those people who posts mind-numbingly constant and tedious
status’ etc. about their every movement and thought (you know who you are :-P).
Anyway, I’ll wind this up here because I’m in danger of
rambling. Hopefully now things have changed for me I’ll be able to see a lot
more of many of you in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment